- Typing Club - In this class we will be using a special website, an online typing tool, to teach your child/ren the touch-typing techniques and to improve their keyboarding skills. Learning to touch type helps students be more productive and further prepares them for success in school and beyond. Led by Edward Ovcharenko
- Homework Club - is a great chance for students to stay at school and have some quiet time do their homework. PSI teacher Alla Polianska is going to help students to understand the instructions of their homework and make sure that students are staying focused on their task.
- Basketball - Come learn & enjoy the Sport of Basketball. Learn to Dribble, maybe improve your 3 point shot, Come out and have fun, Novice to a Junior player. Laugh & Learn, Team success and Individual growth will make you a better player for the future. Led by Gene Sturk
- Zumba is perfect for 8 -12 years old kids to get a chance to be active and jam out to their favourite music. Zumba classes feature kid-friendly routines based on original Zumba choreography. The teacher will break down the steps, add games, activities and cultural exploration elements into the class structure. Zumba helps develop a healthy lifestyle and incorporate fitness as a natural part of children's lives by making fitness fun. Classes incorporate key childhood development elements like leadership, respect, teamwork, confidence, self-esteem, memory, creativity, coordination, cultural awareness. Coached by Zumba teacher - Julia Volodkova
- Swimming - enjoy fun swimming lessons at the new PSI swimming pool! Coached by Aquatic TAs
- Climbing is a fantastic way to get fit, build strength and stamina and have fun with other PSI students! Coached by a certified climbing instructor Maksym Gordiyenko.
- Karate - Students will be introduced to fun and challenging martial arts training that will help improve agility, flexibility, strength and motor skills coordination. Coached by Karate master Natalia Snegirova.
- Aikido - The aim of this activity is to teach you Aikido, which will build your physical fitness and coordination. It will teach you a traditional martial art and practical self-defense skills. But along with this, you will also learn discipline and respect, through working and helping together with the fellow students.Coached by Aikido master Rodion Ieremeiev
- Football is a structured extra-curricular activity, designed to build skills, teamwork and sportsmanship, including drills and game plays. Coached by Valeria Yermolenko (KG-G2 and G3-5.
- Gymnastics - Improve flexibility, muscular strength and coordination through gymnastics activities and games. Students will be challenged to learn new movements and build routines under the guidance of gymnastics coach Iryna Telepova.
- Painting with a professional Ukrainian artist, Mr. Ivan Bobkov . You will explore colours and patterns, develop painting skills and have fun along the way.
- Decorative Painting - You will be taught painting on clay, wooden, cardboard and canvas objects. Led by Natalia Dvoriakivska.
- Watercolour Painting - During these lessons students will explore basic elements of water colouring, including different techniques, like: composition and layering, brush usage, drawing shapes, texturing, mixing colours. Students will be taught how to use the basic techniques in creating still-life paintings, starting with the simple tasks, moving on to more complex subjects (from very simple shapes to the compositions with different shapes). Also, students will learn how to make compositional decisions based on the main design principles. Led by Ms. Poliovyk.
- Guitar - Do you dream of becoming a rockstar?! We can help! Come and jam! For beginner to intermediate players. Led by guitar teacher Dima Lysovets.
- Ballroom dance - Are you getting confused with all different ballroom dances types? Come and learn the difference! Led by an experienced dancer Kyrylo Dovgalin
- Embroidery club (cross-stitching) - Embroidery is a craft of decorating fabric or other materials using a needle to apply thread or yarn. - You will be taught how to create cute mice using just a piece of soft wool and needles. Led by Anna Belokon
MEDIA & TECH ACTIVITIES
- Programming - gives an ability to create things using just your pure imagination. CodeCombat (the platform that we'll be using in class) was started to give learners the feeling of having a wizard power in their fingertips by using a typed code, that enables the students to learn faster. Kids will be using special websites - an online tool to teach your child how to do programming and improve their programming skills. On that website, your child can practice and master one or more lessons at a time. It allows them to pick up where they left off in the course. Led by Edward Ovcharenko.
- Movie making club - kids will create a movie using computer effects : cloning themselves, using flash effects, working on a picture in another picture, adding themselves to the various backgrounds in their film. The students will work with video cameras and a video editor program. They will use chromakey to capture objects and at the end will be able to create video instructions for the students who will take this class in one of the following seasons. Led by Sergii Moiseenko
3D Printing Club - Using 3D scanner and software students will create a 3D copy of themselves. Students will work on their own project, prepare it for being printed and will learn how to fix 3D mistakes and print their projects out on 3D printer. The course will improve students' three-dimensional thinking, they will work with 3D scanners and 3D printers. Led by Sergii Moiseenko
- Lego club is an opportunity for students to use their creativity to build various structures with Legos. During this time they will get to practice valuable skills such as working together, communication, sharing, and cooperating with others. Further they work on developing their reasoning as they figure out the best way to build the structure they want. Led by Natalia Grishyna.
SOCIAL & LEADERSHIP ACTIVITIES
- Registered playground - Come to the playground to enjoy swings, slides, fun and games with your friends, nice weather and fresh air! Supervised by PSI teaching assistants.
- Chess - Students, do you like to play chess? If so, come and join this after school activity each week. You will learn how to play this game and have fun with other friends. Led by Laura Lamb.
- Primary Green Team - Do you care about the Earth and want to help our school be more sustainable? Join the Primary Green Team! You will have the chance to work together on different projects that you come up with to help our school be more beautiful and friendly to the Earth! Led by PSI Teacher Kendall Jackson
MOTHER TONGUE PROGRAM
These extra-curricular activities are for native speakers only. We are offering the following MT lessons in the first season: