- MYP Math Help is an open ECA available to all MYP students on Tuesdays when extra help is needed. This is an excellent way to get help with homework, difficult topics and preparation for tests. No sign-up is necessary this is a walk-in ECA for students to come in and get help when they need extra math support. If you are interested, please, contact PSI Math TA - Nina Golodnikova.
- MYP Personal Project Clinic - Struggling with your Personal Project? Here you can get the specialists' help! Led by Katy Hourston.
- Transition Study Skills is a nomination-only ECA where students will work one to one with a teacher to build organisational and study skills. Transitioning from one school to PSI, PYP to MYP, or just grade to grade, students at all levels may find difficulty in staying on top of expectations of the school and new teachers. This ECA works with the students needs, giving students from 2 weeks to a whole semester to have support to manage themselves more effectively. No sign-up needed, please, contact Kelli Karg, if you'd like to attend this ECA.
- IELTS Preparation - A course to support students who wish to take the IELTS language exam (which may be required or useful for University placement). Led by Paul Horkan.
- Homework Club - ECA where students will work one to one with a teacher to build organisational and study skills. Transitioning from one school to PSI, PYP to MYP, or just grade to grade, students at all levels may find difficulty in staying on top of expectations of the school and new teachers. This ECA works with the students needs, giving students from 2 weeks to a whole semester to have support to manage themselves more effectively - Both self registered and teachers nominated students are welcome! Led by PSI Teachers - Shawna Sturk and Polina Spencer.
- Karate - Students will be introduced to fun and challenging martial arts training that will help improve agility, flexibility, strength and motor skills coordination. Coached by Karate master Natalia Snegirova.
- Gymnastics Improve flexibility, muscular strength and coordination through gymnastics activities and games. Students will be challenged to learn new movements and build routines under the guidance of gymnastics coach Iryna Telepova.
- Swimming - enjoy fun swimming lessons at the new PSI swimming pool! Coached by Aquatic TAs
- Climbing is a fantastic way to get fit, build strength and stamina and have fun with other PSI students! Coached by a certified climbing instructor Maksym Gordiyenko.
- American Football - Students will learn to throw and catch an American Football. We will play games of American Football. There will be NO tackling. Students will touch each other with two hands to 'tackle' another player. Open to grades 7 to 10.
- Badminton - wha't's 'bad' about it? But goodminton sounds weird so, 'bad' it is. Badminton - it's not a picnic sport in this ECA activity. You will learn technique, skill, and how to play competitively. It's open to all secondary students, so come one, come all. Led by Ms. Davis
- Table Tennis - Remember how Mr. Faircloth dominated the table tennis during last year's Sports Expo? Want to try and take him down? Or maybe you just want to play some table tennis with your friends just for fun? If any of these reasons appeal to you, then sign up for the table tennis ECA on Mondays. All levels are welcome - from Mr. Faircloth's expert level to beginners. See you there!
- Decorative Painting - You will be taught painting on clay, wooden, cardboard and canvas objects. Led by Natalia Dvoriakivska.
- Guitar - Do you dream of becoming a rockstar?! We can help! Come and jam! For beginner to intermediate players. Led by guitar teacher Dima Lysovets.
- Watercolour Painting - During these lessons students will explore basic elements of water colouring, including different techniques, like: composition and layering, brush usage, drawing shapes, texturing, mixing colours. Students will be taught how to use the basic techniques in creating still-life paintings, starting with the simple tasks, moving on to more complex subjects (from very simple shapes to the compositions with different shapes). Also, students will learn how to make compositional decisions based on the main design principles. Led by Ms. Poliovyk.
MEDIA & TECH ACTIVITIES
- 3D Printing Club - Using 3D scanner and software students will create a 3D copy of themselves. Students will work on their own project, prepare it for being printed and will learn how to fix 3D mistakes and print their projects out on 3D printer. The course will improve students' three-dimensional thinking, they will work with 3D scanners and 3D printers.
- Typing Club - In this class we will be using a special website, an online typing tool, to teach your child/ren the touch-typing techniques and to improve their keyboarding skills. Learning to touch type helps students be more productive and further prepares them for success in school and beyond. Led by Edward Ovcharenko
SOCIAL & LEADERSHIP ACTIVITIES
- PSI Green Team - Do you care about the environment? Do you have innovative ideas? Do you want to help lead PSI into becoming a Green Flag School? If so, this ECA 2 is for you. Some of the projects that we will be discussing/doing/problem solving/constructing are : school garden, recycling, water consumption, healthy living, healthy school environment, transportation, sustainable food, consumption, waste and energy. Together we can have Pechersk School International earn the Green Flag School award. During ECA 2 We will begin researching what we need to do to become a Green Flag school. We will make an action plan and begin initial steps. Led by Michele Basu
- PSI Cheerleading Squad - This program will support the school and will bring people together. This ECA is open to anyone from 8th grade to 10th who wants to participate. Led by Julia Volodkova and Jane Ellys.
These extra-curricular activities are for native speakers only. We are offering the following MT lessons in the first season: